Google reviews provide valuable information about а business’s operations and customers’ actual experiences who had a real interaction with that business. For the truth’s sake, Google reviews matter mostly because customers discover local businesses there, making Google the most important review platform for local businesses.
What are Google reviews, and why do they matter?
Google review search provides results that are usually a combination of the proximity to your location and a local business’s ratings on Google. And that rating is actually aggregated by the reviews people submit on Google Maps for a particular location.
How do Google reviews work?
Successful digital marketing tactics drive Google’s local SEO algorithm. Therefore, it is highly likely that businesses with a high number of reviews will show up first in local searches for a particular brand keyword. And as mentioned above, this combination of the average rating, the number of reviews, and the proximity to the user will most probably define the position of a listing in Google maps. So, having a well-optimized Google My Business profile and Google reviews helps your local ranking on both Search and Maps.
Where do Google reviews appear?
Your Google reviews show on your Google My Business profile. From there, Google’s ranking system can pick them up and display them in:
1. Google Local search results
When someone searches for a navigational keyword, for example: “best pizza near me,” if you are in the “pizza” business and the potential customer is near your location, Google will show your business listing.
2. Google Maps
Further, if someone searches for your business name, they can be shown in the Google Maps section of the Google Search results or directly in the Google Maps app.
5 ways to get 5-star Google reviews
1. Ask for Google reviews
- Tell them the exact steps to follow to leave a review.
- Provide them with a direct link to your Google Business Profile.
- Share some examples of your top reviews so they can get an idea of what others have said about your business.
- If applicable, give your client a review on their GMB listing or LinkedIn profile to reciprocate.
2.Create a shareable link
- Sign in to your Google Business Profile account.
- Select the location or business you want to manage.
- Click on the ‘Get more reviews’ button.
- Create a custom short URL by clicking the pencil to edit.
- Share with your customers.
3.Provide excellent customer service
- Go beyond traditional support and provide personalized help.
- Take feedback from your customers regularly and work on it.
- Identify things you can do better for an improved customer experience.
- Train your team members to be polite and empathetic.
- Make it easy for customers to get in contact with you.
4.Respond to existing reviews
5.Share your positive reviews
As Google is the most used and trusted search engine, people also consider Google reviews as reliable information to make conclusions about a specific product or a service.
Undoubtedly, reviews are becoming very important for today’s business owners. They represent a vital part of their business’s digital marketing strategy and online presence. One of the most significant benefits of Google reviews is that they boost local search rankings.
Therefore, knowing how to set up and optimize your Google My Business listing for better local SEO exposure in the SERPs is critical.
Here are some quick, helpful tips:
- Choose a nice profile and cover photo
- Choose the relevant business category
- Enter relevant business information like description, phone number, location, website URL, working hours, etc.
Also, note that messaging or chatting with potential customers is a great Google My Business feature that is enabled for some countries.
You have to enter your phone number and enable the Click-to-Message this option.
Having all of these features in mind, here are the main benefits of Google reviews for your business:
- Improving brand trust
- Increasing online exposure
- Driving organic traffic from local SEO
- Providing essential feedback about your company
- Improving conversions on landing pages
- Increasing sales
These benefits are great for any business type, but especially for small businesses that want to get new customers to grow faster.